Job Announcement: Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Under the supervision of the Chair, this employee is responsible for various administrative functions of the Party, including day-to-day office management, recordkeeping, Central Committee support, and volunteer coordination.
Job duties include:
Office Administration: Handles the office so that phones are answered, e-mail/phone messages are promptly returned, and walk-ins are greeted and helped appropriately. Maintains office schedule, a safe, clean office environment, adequate office supplies and functioning equipment, helps prepare for meetings, and coordinates invitations and RSVPs for events. Assists Treasurer and Executive Director with processing bill payments and record-keeping.
Central Committee Support: Works with the Secretary, Director of Clubs, and others to process Central Committee membership and Democratic Club chartering requirements. Provides information and assistance as needed to Central Committee and Executive Committee members.
Volunteer Coordination: Assists with recruitment, makes assignments, and retains volunteers for the Party in various capacities including office support. Matches up volunteers with opportunities that fit their skills and preferences, including voter registration, canvassing, and office administration. Assists with ongoing training and quality control.
Database Maintenance: Ensures the ongoing maintenance and improvement of the Party’s internal databases, including donor and prospect information, volunteers, current and potential candidates, etc. Accepts contributions and updates a daily income log. Manages numerous spreadsheets tracking elected officials, events, membership, media activity, newly registered voters, etc. Provides user account access for volunteers on various systems.
Donor Recognition: Produces periodic contribution reports and thank-you letters to donors. Facilitates OC Donate Every Month (OCDEM) program, including an updated monthly membership list, benefits for donors at different levels, help with donor events, membership retention, and reactivation of lapsed donors.
Endorsement Process: Assists with researching potential candidates’ party registration and contact information during the filing process for each election. Provides an endorsement questionnaire and information about the process and upcoming meetings/workshops to candidates. Compiles questionnaire responses and provides them to each area Vice Chair and election committee co-chair.
Candidate Assistance: May provide general assistance and technical support to endorsed campaigns as requested during a campaign.
Other Duties: Assists with special projects as needed.
- Previous experience in office management and supervision of clerical staff required.
- Excellent Word, PowerPoint, Excel and data/list management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task in fast pace environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in and knowledgeable of social media platforms.
- Bi-lingual (especially Spanish) is highly desirable.
- Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week on a flexible schedule which may include some evenings and weekends. Hours may increase during campaign season.
- Be a registered Democrat in Orange County.
- References to be supplied.
Salary $20.00 per hour