Campaign Training for Candidates and Organizers
Whether you want to run campaigns or run for office, training will get you there.
Prepare to Run: Build Your First Plan
Are you ready to run for office? How does it work?
Learn the answer to these questions (and more!) by visiting the National Democratic Training Committee’s website and participating in their “30-Day Challenge”: https://traindemocrats.org/ndtc-30-day-challenge/
DPOC Training: Blue U
In 2021, OC Democrats are launching “Blue U,” a series of cohort training programs to help local candidates build successful campaigns. Get on the list: If you are a Democrat thinking of running for office in Orange County, fill out this form or please contact us as soon as possible.
Local, State and National Training Programs in Politics and Civics
Contact organizations directly for details — Information subject to change.
- North Orange County Bench Project*
- National Women’s Political Caucus of Orange County*
- WE Lead OC*
- Emerge CA*
- National Democratic Training Committee: Free Online Training for Democrats
- OC Registrar of Voters Election Academy (Non-Partisan)
- DNC Best Practices Institute – Free Campaign Training for Democrats
- Wellstone (now called re:power)
- Democracy For America
- She Should Run
- Progressive Change Campaign Committee
- Victory Institute (specializing for LGBT Candidates)
- New American Leaders Project (specializing for Immigrant Candidates)
- New Politics Training (specializing for Veterans Running for Office)
- Veterans Campaign (specializing for Veterans Running for Office)
*Orange County-based or California-based program
Know a resource we should include on this page? Please contact us.