Campaign Training for Candidates and Organizers
Whether you want to run campaigns or run for office, training will get you there, and we’re here to help. If you are a Democrat thinking of running for office in Orange County, fill out this form and please contact us as soon as possible. We also strongly encourage new and potential candidates to join training programs.
Prepare to Run: Build Your First Plan
Are you ready to run for office? How does it work?
Learn the answer to these questions (and more!) by visiting the National Democratic Training Committee’s website and participating in their “30-Day Challenge”: https://traindemocrats.org/ndtc-30-day-challenge/
To help expand our party and build for the future, we collaborate with training experts to host training events for OC Democrats. Watch our Facebook page for upcoming events.
Local, State and National Training Programs in Politics and Civics
Contact organizations directly for details — Information subject to change.
- National Women’s Political Caucus of Orange County*
- WE Lead OC*
- Emerge CA*
- National Democratic Training Committee: Free Online Training for Democrats
- OC Registrar of Voters Election Academy (Non-Partisan)
- DNC Best Practices Institute – Free Campaign Training for Democrats
- Wellstone (now called re:power)
- Democracy For America
- She Should Run
- Progressive Change Campaign Committee
- Victory Institute (specializing for LGBT Candidates)
- New American Leaders Project (specializing for Immigrant Candidates)
- New Politics Training (specializing for Veterans Running for Office)
- Veterans Campaign (specializing for Veterans Running for Office)
*Orange County-based or California-based program
Know a resource we should include on this page? Please contact us.