Campaign Training for Candidates and Organizers
Whether you want to run campaigns or run for office, training will get you there, and we’re here to help. If you are a Democrat thinking of running for office in Orange County, please contact us as soon as possible. We also strongly encourage new and potential candidates to join training programs.
To help expand our party and build for 2020, we created new monthly trainings for OC Democrats. Watch our Facebook page or Events page for upcoming dates for our Adopt-A-Precinct Program, which trains Democrats and Democratic campaign supporters to organize in OC, and our Harnessing the Power of Women series, which creates space for Democratic women – especially young women and women of color – to build leadership and self-empowerment in public service.
Local, State and National Training Programs in Politics and Civics
The links listed below may not be affiliated with the Democratic Party. Please contact these organizations directly for details about training services and eligibility. Information subject to change.
- National Women’s Political Caucus of Orange County*
- WE Lead OC*
- Emerge CA*
- National Democratic Training Committee: Free Online Training for Democrats
- OC Registrar of Voters Election Academy (Non-Partisan)
- Democracy For America
- She Should Run
- Progressive Change Campaign Committee
- Victory Institute (specializing for LGBT Candidates)
- New American Leaders Project (specializing for Immigrant Candidates)
- New Politics Training (specializing for Veterans Running for Office)
- Veterans Campaign (specializing for Veterans Running for Office)
*Orange County-based or California-based program
Useful Links & Resources
- Orange County Registrar of Voters: Resource Library for Candidates
- File your Candidacy with the Registrar of Voters
- Are you Qualified? Learn the Qualifications
- Learn how to follow requirements for Financial Filings
- Campaign Financial Disclosure Rules
- Introduction to Local Government and How it Works
- Resource Guide for County Supervisors
Know a resource we should include on this page? Please contact us.