Regional Organizer, Democratic Party of Orange County
This is a dynamic, fast-paced workplace environment. This position requires a results-oriented self-starter with excellent collegial teamwork skills and sound personal judgement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing a field plan in partnership with DPOC staff and leadership
- Identifying, recruiting, and training volunteers to participate in grassroots activities such as door-to-door canvassing, phone banking and early voting
- Training volunteers one-on-one and in group trainings
- Tracking voter contact results and drafting reports
- Planning and managing grassroots activities
- Coordinating with allied coalitions
- Generating public awareness by engaging with grassroots community
- Goal-orientation and willingness to hold self-accountable
- Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure and meet deadlines
- A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive and motivate others
- Willingness to travel to attend trainings and events, including some evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to work well with coalitions and the staff and leadership of allied organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully relate to voters and volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds
- Bilingual Spanish/English or Vietnamese/English strongly preferred
Position open until filled. Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Democratic Party of Orange County announces it seeks a Parliamentarian. Parliamentarians hold a vital responsibility to ensure meetings and votes are conducted fairly and equitably, according to the rules established by the Central Committee in its bylaws.
Parliamentarians are often required to assist organizations with proper conduct of meetings. For the Democratic Party of Orange County, the Parliamentarian must be deeply familiar with Robert’s Rules of Order and the Democratic Party of Orange County’s bylaws.
The Parliamentarian is required to attend Central Committee and Executive Committee meetings, in addition to any other meetings as needed, where they will advise the Chair as called upon to ensure proper meeting protocol and execution of bylaws. This is a volunteer position.
- At least 5 years of experience conducting meetings using Robert’s Rules of Order
- At least 5 years of experience working with bylaws, preferably for political organizations
- A commitment to attend all Central Committee and Executive Committee Meetings
- Registered Democrat committed to the values of the Democratic Party
Interested candidates should send name, phone, email, and summary of related skills to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs around OC
These listings are issued as a courtesy to the community, and these jobs are not managed by DPOC. Please contact the organizations below directly.
Progressive Turnout Project is hiring in Orange County. In 2018, PTP impacted 107 top competitive races and knocked 1.5 million doors. To apply, please contact Delayni Dameron at email@example.com or call 331-233-4353. Field Director Duties / District Operations Director Duties (Posted Nov. 5, 2019)