Our interns gain real on-the-job experience. No coffee runs.
Your contribution helps us mobilize voters, reach deep in to our communities, and elect Democrats up and down the ballot.
Thank you for your interest in an internship with the Democratic Party of Orange County! The primary objective of the Democratic Party unpaid internship program is to promote civic engagement and provide experience working on the issues important to our community like increasing resources for California’s public education system, creating job and career opportunities, and fostering an informed and engaged citizenry.
What You’ll Do
Interns will be asked to work on this objective by helping elect Democratic Party-endorsed candidates from President of the United States to School District Board Member. The topics that will be covered during the internship include:
- The history, structure and governance, and people of the Democratic Party
- Democratic Campaigns 101: from voter outreach to fundraising and policy-making
- How to get a job in Democratic campaigns and public service
Interns will be asked to commit to a fixed schedule for at least three months and at least 25 hours a month. Available shifts are from Monday through Friday, from 12 to 9 pm and Saturdays and Sundays, from 10 am to 7 pm.
All internship activities will be based at Democratic Party of Orange County Headquarters at 1475 S. State College Blvd, Suite 110, Anaheim, CA.
- 16+ years of age*
- Enrolled in school or recently graduated student
- Minimum commitment of 3 months and 25 hours/month
- Interest in community service, public policy, and political campaigns
- Dependable, detail-oriented, motivated, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
*For applicants aged 16 to 17, please have your parent or guardian complete the Democratic Party of Orange County Internship Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
For more information, please contact Jeffrey Cárdenas at firstname.lastname@example.org and (949) 438-0281.