Interested in becoming a Delegate to the California Democratic Party? Want to participate in the elections, and elect your representative delegate?
Assembly Delegate Election Meetings (ADEMs) are coming up in January, and the Democratic Party of Orange County is committed to opening the door for Orange County’s Democratic voices to represent OC in the California Democratic Party.
The Democratic Party of Orange County is teaming up with OC-area CDP Regional Directors for “Delegate U” training on Thursday, December 10 at 5:30 PM. All interested AD’s are encouraged to attend.
Those seeking to run for Assembly Delegate need to apply by December 15, and those seeking to vote need to request a ballot by January 11 (this will be a mail-in election).
Due to COVID-19, the ADEM Elections for 2021 will be done entirely by VOTE-BY-MAIL.
Application Process Open From November 15 – December 15, 2020 (by 5:00 PM). On application please include whether candidate is running for ADD or ADD and the Executive Board.
Last day to request a ballot to vote in ADEM Elections is Monday, January 11, 2021 (5:00 PM). All ballots due by Wednesday, January 27, 2021 (5:00 PM).
Candidates Eligibility Checklist
- Candidates must be registered to vote as a Democrat by November 3, 2020 in the Assembly District in which they are applying to run
- Unless the candidate turned 18 or was naturalized after the Voter Registration deadline, and is registered to vote at the time of candidacy filing
- Completed online registration form to be an individual ADEM candidate and voter
- Identification code must be entered onto your ballot
Eligible Candidate Statements
- Candidates will be allowed a statement of 2400 characters (including spaces). No edits are allowed once the candidate statement has been submitted
- Candidates may also provide a link to a video campaign statement as long as such statement does not mention the name of any other candidate
Voter Eligibility Checklist
- Must be registered as a Democrat in the AD you are voting in on or before January 27
- Completed online ADEM Registration form online or by phone
- Identification code must be entered onto your scantron ballot – Each ballot gets a unique identification used to prevent fraud and confirm eligibility
Elect 14 representatives to State Central Committee
- 7 self-identified females
- 7 not self-identified females
One Executive Board member from among the 14
- E-Board Candidate with the highest vote count will be the winner in each AD
How to distribute your votes
- Upon receipt of the ballot, a participant may vote for between 1 and 14 candidates. Voting for more than 14 candidates will invalidate the ballot
- A participant may distribute their votes among genders as they wish, they may not vote for more than 14 candidates